What are the nutritional benefits of following a Low-Carb, High-Fat Keto Diet?
Achieving optimal health and losing weight fast with a low-carb, high-fat ketogenic diet is possible. By counting your daily macros and buckling down on a Nutritional Ketosis diet, you can achieve your ideal weight and set yourself up for long-term success.
What is a Keto Diet?
A Keto (or Ketogenic) diet is a low-carb, high-fat nutrition plan that shifts your body from burning glucose (sugars) as its primary fuel to burning stored fat for energy. In the process, it puts your body into a state of Ketosis, allowing it to burn stored fat. By limiting the daily carbs intake, your body enters ketosis faster while increasing fat metabolism and reducing fat storage.
How to Get Started
Before starting any type of diet plan, it is important to consult with your doctor. Being familiar with your medical history, a doctor can best advise you if a Keto plan is the most suitable option for you.
Once you are medically approved, the following steps will help you transition into the Keto diet:
- Start by removing all sugar and starch from your daily nutrition. This includes pasta, bread, potatoes, candy, and processed foods.
- Include the following healthy fats in your diet: Nuts, seeds, fish, fatty meat, and plenty of vegetables.
- Introduce low-carb fruits such as berries and melons and natural low-carb sweeteners such as erythritol and stevia into your diet.
- Monitor your daily macros intake to optimize your success.
Macros-counting: What is it?
Macros-counting are the daily nutritional goals set by monitoring your Carbohydrates, Fats, and Proteins intake. Macros-counting helps you effectively adjust to the Keto diet while allowing you to get the most out of every meal.
Achieving Nutritional Ketosis
Due to the fact that it switches your body to burn fat, Nutritional Ketosis is essential to achieve with a Keto diet. The following steps will help you get there:
- Eat less than 50 grams of carbohydrates per day.
- Cut down on the amount of sugar and processed foods.
- Increase your consumption of healthy fats such as avocado, nuts, sunflower oil, and coconut oil.
- Test your Ketosis using tools such as the Keto-Mojo meter or Keto Strips.
Losing weight fast with a Low-Carb, High-Fat Keto Diet is certainly possible. By committing to a Nutritional Ketosis diet and counting your macros, you can achieve your weight loss, health, and fitness goals. With its numerous health benefits, ketosis and macros-counting are key to achieving optimal health.