how many calories on keto diet female
What is the Keto Diet?
The keto diet is a low-carb, high-fat diet. Its aim is to put your body into a state called ketosis, whereby your body uses fat for energy instead of carbohydrates. Commonly referred to as “keto”, the diet typically consists of no more than 5-10% of your daily calorie intake derived from carbohydrates, 20-25% from protein and the rest coming from healthy fats.
Starting the Keto Diet
Starting on the keto diet is as simple as cutting out starchy foods, processed carbs and sugar from your diet. Instead, you should fill up on goods such as fatty fish, meat, eggs, full-fat dairy, nuts and seeds, low-carb vegetables, avocados, healthy fats, and olive oil. It’s important to remember that you don’t need to necessarily eliminate carbohydrates completely; just choose healthier, low-carb carb sources.
Sticking to Your Keto Plan
Even the best-laid intentions of starting the keto diet can fall short, as there are several dietary temptations that present themselves throughout the day, making it difficult to stay on track. Here are a few tips to help you stick to your keto plan:
- Keep it simple. Don’t overcomplicate your meals. Choose recipes that easy to assemble and require minimal ingredients.
- Plan ahead. Set aside time at the start of the week to plan out and shop for meals for the days ahead.
- Stock up on healthy snacks. Bringing healthy snacks along with you when you’re on the go can help curb cravings for sugary, processed foods.
- Drink plenty of fluids. Increase your water intake to at least 8 – 10 glasses of water a day.
Tips to See Results
Sticking to the keto diet and seeing results can be a challenging journey. Here are a few tips to help you stay motivated and achieve the physique you’re after:
- Weight train. Incorporating weight training into your keto regimen can increase your metabolism, making it easier for you to stay in ketosis while still burning fat.
- Track your progress. Consistently monitor your progress so you can adjust your diet if necessary.
- Get plenty of rest. Sleep allows your body to restore and heal, so make sure you’re getting enough rest each night.
- Stay positive. Nobody likes being on a diet, but staying positive will help you get through it.
Following the keto diet is an effective way to lose weight and stay healthy. However, sticking to it can be difficult. Keep these tips in mind to help you stick to your keto plan and see results.